If you’d like to submit an original article or existing blog post to be featured on the altdotlife blog, please email the URL of an existing post or a brief article proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Featured Contributor
We maintain a list of bloggers who provide blog content for altdotlife, and pull content from them regularly. If you’d like to become a regular contributor to altdotlife, please submit your blog to our featured blogs list and let us know how to find available posts. We get more than a million hits a month, and we’d love to help you grow your blog audience with increased exposure and an RSS subscription link.
Please only add your own blog posts, or in the case of a jointly authored blog, only writing that you hold the copyright on or are authorized to repost.
While we think Creative Commons licensing is great, we don’t require your content to be licensed before being reposted on our blog. We will interpret your submission as authorization to republish your posts.
We do our best to confirm that submissions are legitimate, but if your writing has been submitted to altdotlife without your permission, please notify us and we will take immediate action to remove the content.
Want to sign up? Add your blog to our featured blogs list here!
Direct Submissions to the Blog
If you would like to add to the altdotlife.com resources by uploading an article or essay directly into the blog, that’s great, too. Your article will b reviewed by an altdotlife editor and added to our submission pool.
Please follow the following guidelines when preparing your article for publication:
- First, you need to log in or register for the altdotlife blog, if you haven’t already.
- Create a new post.
- Upload your content. Do not paste directly from Word or any other word processing program into the HTML editor. Word uses hidden coding for formatting that will be pasted in with your text and that can cause formatting errors in the site. Instead, please paste your article into Notepad and copy that text into the editor.
- Or you can compose or edit directly in the editor. Use the Save or Save and Continue Editing buttons to save your article as a draft. (Save frequently! You don’t want to lose your work.)
- If possible, please provide an image that can be used as a featured image for our preview links. Featured images should be between 300 and 500 pixels wide. If you don’t wish to provide original images with your writing, that’s fine. You can use any flickr image with a Creative Commons Attribution license that fits your article. But please– make sure to include attribution to the photographer.
- When you are satisfied that your entry is ready for submission, please prefix the title with an * to indicate that is now ready for review and publication. We will make proofreading corrections, minor edits, and add a featured image if none is provided. If more in-depth editing is required, an editor will contact you for follow-up.
- If you have questions along the way or get stuck with formatting issues, please email email@example.com and an editor or admin will be happy to help!
Once your work has been featured on altdotlife, you may put one of these badges on your blog. Just copy and paste the HTML into your template or an HTML widget:
Use this code:
<a href=”http://www.altdotlife.com”><img title=”featured on altdotlife” src=”http://altdotlife.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/featured_on_square_125x125.png” alt=”featured on altdotlife” width=”125″ height=”125″ /></a>
Use this code:
<a href=”http://www.altdotlife.com”><img title=”featured on altdotlife” src=”http://altdotlife.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/featured_on_square_150x150.png” alt=”featured on altdotlife” width=”150″ height=”150″ /></a>